Monday, August 3 – Friday, August 7, 2020
Camp for middle school students.
BRAIN STEM: Brilliance, Resilience and Achievement in STEM is designed to provide students with experiences to develop an ability to persevere through challenges and realize academic opportunities in STEM. BRAIN STEM fosters team-oriented collaboration to work on academically enriching, motivating, and engaging tasks. Throughout the duration of the camp, students will be engaged in rich inquiry tasks, problem-based learning, STEM projects, keynotes, and team building exercises.
- Collaborate as a team to complete a multi-faceted STEM project.
- Navigate through a myriad of innate STEM related problems.
- Gain pertinent background scientific content knowledge and analytical skills for future related STEM classes, tasks, and competitions.
- Identify obstacles and challenges in their lives.
- Formulate a written plan to accomplish future identified goals and a community/global STEM initiative. Within this plan, students will identify their brilliance, resilience, and achievement.
- Develop a presentation with their team detailing their plan and share it with their peers. Each student will contribute equally to the presentation.
- Increase academic excellence through student engagement.